Hand feeding, photo opportunities, personal encounters, and more…
At our farm it’s a one to one with over 100 friendly farm animals (pets) with self-guided tours leading from pens to pond and open paddocks.
Our visitors can be as intrepid as they feel like! Staff are always onsite to answer questions and provide assistance if required.
On rainy days there are still areas where you can feed and watch animals without getting wet!
Hand feed a variety of animals
Children and adults alike love getting close to our animals and feeding them. All of our animals are friendly and you are able to feed most of them. You can purchase a small bag of animal feed at the reception where you will be introduced to the correct feeding technique.
Smaller children will need the assistance of an adult in order to feed our animals. Feel free to ask any questions you have and we are more than happy to assist you. We do ask that you do not feed the animals any other food. Some human food can be toxic to animals. We also ask that you stick to the feeding rules we have on our farm.
Amazing location for photos
Glenorchy Animal Experience is surrounded by stunning scenery: the Southern Alps, overlooking Lake Wakatipu and its catchment area. Not only do you get the chance to take photos of you and your family up close and personal with a range of farm animals, it’s all in this stunning location.
Take a souvenir of your visit
We have a small souvenir shop on site where you can purchase mementos of your trip, including t-shirts, drinking bottles, natural soaps, fair trade wooden toys, alpaca wool, and at our hens’ discretion we also sell eggs. The best souvenir you can take from our farm? Undoubtedly the memories you made with your family and friends.
You are most welcome to bring along your own food and picnic on covered verandas. While we don’t have food for sale at the farm we’re only 2km away from the township of Glenorchy which has some wonderful cafés and restaurants.
For your safety
- Active Supervision: Children must be actively supervised at all times –while our animals are friendly, there are some hazards in dealing with them.
- Prams: Prams are welcome but can only be used on the tracks. Prams can’t be taken into the open farm paddock. However it is safe to visit the paddock while carrying your baby.
- Farm Hazards: This is an operating farm with farm hazards: keep to the areas designated to visitors as shown on the map.
- Don’t run: Please do not run around or chase the animals. Hold your toddler’s hand while in the open paddock
- No climbing: Please don’t climb fences.
- Read the safety signs: We have put signs in place to help you remember some of the most important farm safety rules.
- Keep noise down: Thank you for keeping noise down, it enhances everyone’s experience and our animals will be more likely to wanting to spend time with you if you are quieter.
- Strictly no smoking, thanks.
- Strictly no drones: they scare the living daylight out of some animals and can put everyone in danger!
- Security cameras operating we take great care in monitoring the animals’ behaviour and visitor interaction in order to keep everything run smoothly and to keep you safe!
- If in doubt, please ask!
We have EFTPOS and Credit Card facilities onsite.
Adult(16 Years +)
Family(2 adults, 3 Children)
Animal Foodper Bag
FREE entry for children under 5 years.
10:00am - 4:00pm
Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
Last admission 3pm.
Closed for winter: May until September 2024.